Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Getting there is half the fun

Hi there,
Made the trip from JFK to Brussels on American Airlines, where an Italian drummer and I compared (unfavorably) US to European and South American airlines. I wagered the plane would be roomier from Brussels to Monrovia, and a few hours later, I was right. Travel tip: 100 ml is the max size for carry-on liquids in Brussels. So I was deprived of my shaving cream, sunblock and, most distressingly, 30% DEET bug spray.

No matter, soldiered on, found out via email I owe New York taxes for 2008, and arrived at Roberts Intnl airport without a problem. One of the hospital drivers met me there and after 45 min on the road, made it to JFK Hospital! More to follow, though the electricity and internet are touch and go...

1 comment:

  1. find you're mailing address, i'll send deet (not spray) and candy of choice. it'll be just like camp, only weirder 'cause it's not your mom sending the care package and they'll probably include bug gunk and shoelaces...

    ReplyDelete