Sunday, June 21, 2009

video diary 2


So hopefully the above video works out. I'll try to do more of them as I can.

Nothing earth-shattering to report. Things still go. A little more time outside of the hospital than I've become used to because our program director, an ER doc working out of CT and a relation to the President, came into town and now we have access to a car pretty readily. So that's been interesting. Worked on the medical department's grand round presentation for Monday (tomorrow) which is a case of hypokalemic periodic paralysis. They couldn't get a K level, but the EKG looked like hypokalemia, so that's how they made their diagnosis.
Here, surrounded by people who have the books but not the scanners, I realize that I should've done a lot more reading in residency. I guess I knew my program would be more "running around doing" than "sitting around thinking," and that's why I went with it, but dang. I must've become mentally challenged at some point because I can't remember a single I supposedly learned. What have I been doing these past 4 years?!?!? Maybe studying for the Boards will help solidify some of that...
The medical students are looking for me to teach them and I'm a bit at a loss. I want to spend my nights reading the Rosen's that's been left in the dormitory common room...

Take care!

--aws

1 comment:

  1. Could you explain what you mean when you say they couldn't get a potassium level? Unmeasurable or? Also, what did the EKG show? Inverted T-waves?

    ReplyDelete